Saturday, March 19, 2011

KISS in Concert in Hollywood, FL

Happy St. Patrick's Day to me!!! I traveled down to Hollywood, FL, to catch a concert appearance by "The Hottest Band in the World...KISS!!!" The trip was good, the concert was great. And the whole experience was made even better because Mr. Sarcasm tagged along for his first-ever dose of live KISS. 

Did I mention that the concert was great? No matter how many times I see KISS, I always come away impressed with their energy and what appears to be a sincere desire to give the fans their money's worth.  I have seen many other bands in concert, but none of them come close to the experience that is KISS. 

I could ramble on for pages about how great they are in concert, but it comes down to this simple truth: you have to see it for yourself to fully appreciate the overwhelming spectacle that is a KISS concert. Do yourself a favor and go see them in concert.

I also highly recommend you get familiar with their music first so that you can appreciate the jewels of their 35-year catalog when you hear them. Some of my personal favorites include: Detroit Rock City; Shout it Out Loud; Beth; Rock and Roll All Nite; Cold Gin; Firehouse; Hard Luck Woman; Forever; Strutter; 100,000 Years; Rock Bottom; 2,000 Man; Love Gun...okay, I'll stop there because I have a lot more "favorites" by KISS. Buy one of their greatest hits compilations and give it a good listen.

Here are a few shots that I took during the concert:


























Okay, I'm sure you get the point by now: This is one AWESOME show!!! I am already looking forward to the next time I get to see KISS in concert!!!

Click here to see a short video clip from the concert!

No comments: