Sunday, May 07, 2017

Catching Up


I have been neglecting this blog due to a host of other demands, but I haven't forgotten about it, nor have I lost the desire to share my thoughts and adventures in the forum. Given all the attention on Facebook, Twitter, and the plethora of social media now available, one has to wonder how many people still take the time to peruse something as "archaic" as the old-fashioned blog. It's a random thought, but it doesn't stop me from taking great delight in the freedom of expression offered up by the blog format.

Okay, that's enough pre-update rambling and the exercise of typing that opening paragraph has gotten my mind warmed up enough to proceed with the post.

The biggest change I would need to report by way of updates is that I no longer ride any of the bikes you'll see in the older posts. All of those bikes have been sold or traded away in favor of newer rides. In fact, I have finally made the leap to the saddle of a BMW R1200RT as my primary motorcycle. I named her "Jolene" after the lyrics from the Dolly Parton song about "her beauty is beyond compare". For me, this is the most beautiful, graceful, smooth, and rewarding-to-ride motorcycle I have ever owned. Here's a shot of me and Jolene on the Tail of the Dragon in October of 2016:


Yeah, that's a Killboy pro shot and it's a beauty! If you're up that way and get your photo snapped, be sure to check out their website to buy your shots as they do an awesome job of making you look good. For proof of that contention, see above. :-)

There have been at least a couple of Fall Leaf Rides since I last posted, so I will have to do a post of some of the highlights from those outings. I have a few things worth sharing, including tracking down a couple of interesting historical grave sites while enjoying the twisty mountain roads.

I'll close for now with that soft teaser about things to come. I will "publish" this and see how this new and updated version of Blogger handles my work. Thanks for stopping by and ride safe.

No comments: